“A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not” -Ernest Hemingway

Tuesday, September 18

Oucchhh! Exercise needed!

Starting with the fact of having more than 20 cats at the same time and find some of them having lumpy stomach and potbelly, I've looked around to several petshops for scratching posts or cat trees but ended up disappointed as I couldn't find anything interesting. Seems that most petshop's owners here in Surabaya aren't familiar with the word "scratching post" yet.



Since that time I've been terribly in need of a scratching post for my cats being able to exercise and stretch & tone their back & shoulder muscles - or in general it will be very useful for them to do their regular self-maintenance program to keep their claws nice and sharp for self defense. When cats scratch, they are actually dislodging and removing a transparent sheath that grows over the claws. If you notice where your cats usually do their scratching, you might occassionally find the left-over sheaths buried in the carpet or furniture.



Now can you see why you need one too? You will be able to save your carpet and furniture for longer use for sure!!!



That's why then I decided to build one myself and what I had in mind was that it has to be sturdy and durable as I don't want to waste time just to get rubbish within weeks.



So here it is - I call it a kitty gym which is a combination of both a scratching post and a cat's condo. Check this out!





No comments: